First held in 1999, The Guide Awards are sponsored by the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism and the Vietnam Economic Science Association. The Awards have gained in prestige over the years and earned recognition and appreciation from tourism enterprises and State management agencies.
The Guide Awards 2015-2016 hopes to receive support and collaboration from all enterprises, especially tourism enterprises, in order to mark the good impression made over its last 17 years of development.
The Guide Awards ceremony is to be held in Ha Noi in August 2016.
I. Aims of The Guide Awards
- Popularise and promote Vietnamese tourism, the country and its people.
- Acknowledge and encourage enterprises, individuals and localities that contribute significantly to the development of Vietnam’s tourism - a spearhead economic sector in the country.
- Facilitate exchange and the sharing of opportunities for organisations, individuals and localities in tourism.
- Encourage enterprises to improve product quality, diversify service forms and work towards the values of ‘true, good and nice’.
- Contribute to promoting the targets in Vietnam’s tourism development.
II. Entrants, requirements and registration channels
All legal tourism units in Vietnam are allowed to register, free of charge, as a contestant in the Awards.
Four registration channels
- Direct registration with the Organising Board.
- Recommended by city or provincial Departments of Culture, Sports and Tourism nationwide.
- Selected by readers of The Guide or other publications of Vietnam Economic Times, including its online versions.
- Recommended by The Guide.
Ensure all criteria are met for consideration and ranking by the Board of Assessment.
III. Basis of Assessment
1. Result of selection by readers of The Guide and other publications of Vietnam Economic Times.
2. Result of online selection via www.vneconomy.vn and www.theguideawards.com.vn.
3. Assessment by city or provincial Departments of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
4. Assessment and survey by The Guide.
5. Assessment by the Board of Assessment.
1. Quality, diverse products.
2. Considerate services with traditional beauty and national character.
3. Contributing to localities in terms of budget contribution, urban quality, employment, traditional trades and preservation.
4. Achievements in participating and contributing to environmental protection.
V. Awards system
The awards include:
1. Excellent enterprises in hotels, resorts and room services.
2. Excellent enterprises in food and beverages and entertainment.
3. Excellent enterprises in transportation services.
4. Excellent enterprises in travel.
5. Excellent enterprises in shopping centres and other tourism services.
6. A special Award for achievements in environmental protection.
VI. Benefits to Award recipients
- Prestige asserted and enhanced, brand names respected in society for quality and value.
- Advertised in publications: Thoi bao Kinh te Viet Nam, Vietnam Economic Times, Tu van Tieu & Dung, online magazine www.vneconomy.vn and on the awards website at www.theguideawards.com.vn.
- Offered the opportunity to exchange, get to know and cooperate with other tourism enterprises.
- Encouraged to try to enhance the quality of their products and services.
For more information, please contact:
The Organising board of The Guide Awards
Hanoi: 4th floor, 98 Hoang Quoc Viet, Cau Giay Dist.,
Tel: 04.375502060, Fax: 04.37552046
Ho Chi Minh City: 1/1 Hoang Viet, Tan Binh Dist.,
Tel: 08.38117400, Fax: 08.38117414
Hanoi: Ms Thu Hương 090 228 1210
Ho Chi Minh City: Ms Hải Tiến 090 345 7655